jclaytonsr
I'm a senior citizen (81) who loves computers. I dwnld and run every new Linux distro from DistroWatch. My criteria is will it run" out of the box" wireless. access Win disks and run high resolution screens. There are several distros that will do this but I'm impressed with Antix-Linux. It does the screen res and wireless OK, however, I can't access the Win hds because I don't have permission. I've tried some of the things I found in your forums but i still end up with the"you don't have permission" message.
Is there a way to get permission so the Win HDS are accessable?
Thanks!
jclaytonsr
dark-D
hello and welcome to antiX.
if you have the full version of antix you could use pcmanfm in root to access the win partitions. the simplest way to do this is to enter run in icewm menu. type:"gksu pcmanfm" and enter the root password (for livecd is:"root"). after pcmanfm opens, a list with the partitions will be on the left side panel, click on the one you want to mount it. if you install antix i suggest to mount the partitions at boot in fstab with the force flag. HTH
jclaytonsr
Thanks for the reply. I followed your advice and I can now access all the Windows HD's and USB Drives..
This is a nice distro - All who worked on it did a very good job!. I look at Distrowatch daily and dwnld and
checkout all the live CD iso's. This one is certainly one of the best so far!
jclaytonsr