eugen-b
I cannot install sqlite3. Trying to do it with Synaptic I get an error message about defective packages. Repairing them gives a long error message without specific hints.
I have the choice between sqlite3 3.7.13-1+deb7u2 and 3.7.13-1+deb7u1.
I tried to force the second version like in this thread
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/post42910.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/post42910.html"
====================================
, but with no success.
I had initially libsqlite3 3.7.16.2-1~bpo70+1 installed, then forced version 3.7.13-1+deb7u2, tried to install sqlite3 again, but again with no success.
I need sqlite3 because I want to compile the newest Midori Browser.
Any help is appreciated!
skidoo
"broken" doesn't mean literally"defective". It means incompatible dependencies...

Did you enable additional repositories in order to have access the backports kernel or liquorix kernel?
If so, disable/outcomment the additional repositories, then perform apt update to freshen your packages database.
Following the update, if any packages are still reported as"broken", list their packagenames here.
eugen-b
Thanks, skidoo!
Indeed, unchecking Jessie backports repositories in Synaptic did the trick! I could install sqlite3 3.7.13-1+deb7u2. I have the forced version of libsqlite3 3.7.13-1+deb7u2 installed - should I update it to the newer version? I just looked at dependencies of sqlite3 and there I see libsqlite3 (version=3.7.13-1+deb7u2), so I shouldn't update but rather"lock" this version, shouldn't I?
Ok, then I'll try to install all the other required packages for compiling Midori and report errors or success! Thanks once again!
eugen-b
Strange error:

Code: Select all

eugen@mx14:~/Installer/midori-0.5.11
$ ./configure
„GNUmakefile.in“ -> „GNUmakefile“
-- valac 0.16.1 found
-- checking for modules 'libxml-2.0>=2.6;sqlite3>=3.6.19;gmodule-2.0;gio-2.0>=2.32.3;libsoup-gnome-2.4>=2.37.1'
--   package 'sqlite3>=3.6.19' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.2/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:340 (message):
  A required package was not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.2/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:502 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  CMakeLists.txt:110 (pkg_check_modules)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also"/home/eugen/Installer/midori-0.5.11/_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
But I have sqlite3 3.7.13-1+deb7u2 which should be >=3.6.19
I'll try to reboot, maybe it is not found because I've installed it during this session.
eugen-b
reboot didn't help - the same error message as before. __{{emoticon}}__ Any ideas?? __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Have you tried installing the deb from here, under Alternative downloads?

url was:"http://midori-browser.org/download/debian/"
linktext was:"http://midori-browser.org/download/debian/"
eugen-b
anticapitalista wrote:Have you tried installing the deb from here, under Alternative downloads?

url was:"http://midori-browser.org/download/debian/"
linktext was:"http://midori-browser.org/download/debian/"
First of all I'd like to thank you for giving me this fine operating system! __{{emoticon}}__
Thank you for the easy solution to my problem, too! I looked at that page when I first read the release announcement. But either I didn't recognise the number or it was an older number several days ago, 0.5.7 or so. __{{emoticon}}__ Be it as it may, I'll download the packega and I already saw an option in Synaptic to install downloaded packages.
Thank you once again! __{{emoticon}}__
eugen-b
I was jubilating too early. I cannot fullfill the dependencies:
    required:---------------------------------installed:
    libgcr-base-3-1 (>= 3.8.0)-------------not installed
    libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.41.1)----------------2.33.12+really2.32.4-5.
    libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)-------------not installed (it is actually, but is called libpango1)
    libsoup2.4-1 (>= 2.39.3)---------------2.38.1-3
    libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 (>= 1.10.1)--------1.8.1-3.4

I guess I would be able to install the newest Midori if I was on Sid, so forget about that. __{{emoticon}}__

I'm happy to have the newest Pale Moon browser from the MEPIS repo! __{{emoticon}}__
    eugen-b
    I simply installed Xombrero instead of Midori. It is up to date in the repo and is perfect as secondary browser. I yet need to learn all its advanced and hidden features. __{{emoticon}}__