cousinlucky
I think the" personal menu" is a great idea for leaving the desktop free of icons and eliminating the need for a toolbar on the desktop!! My only problem is the konqueror browser is not listed in the available items. Is there a way to put konqueror on the personal menu; or is it not available for the personal menu for a reason? Thanks!!
dolphin_oracle
sure. what you've found is a small issue with menu manager. KDE puts it's .desktop entries in /usr/share/applications/kde4 (which menu manager doesn't check, and which that's why it doesn't show up to add to Personal Menu) instead of just /usr/share/applications (which is the default for pretty much everything else). So you have two options using menu manager.

1. Make a custom entry with Menu Manger (this is my preferred method).

a. Open Menu Manager
b. Select Personal Menu button
c. Select Add button
d. choose ANY application. It doesn't matter. really, it doesn't.
e. you should now see a form that allows for custom entry of information.
f. Under"The name to display in the personal menu" type"Konqueror"
g. Under"Append any launch parameters" delete any info in the field and type"konqueror"
h. Tick the box to select an alternative icon.
i. make sure there is no check under"Tick to launch in a terminal".
j. click OK and choose"Select Icon".
k. navigate to /usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/apps/koqueror.png. Select that and press OK.
L. refresh the menu.

That should be it.

2. Alternate method

a. make a symlink from /usr/share/applications/kde4/konqbrowser.desktop to /usr/share/applications/konqbrowser.desktop.
b. this will now show up in the regular Menu Manager selection screens, although you will see two entries in Menu>Internet for Konqueror.
c. add to Personal Menu as normal.

More info on Menu Manager and the Personal Menu here: (apologies in advance for the audio).

cousinlucky
i,ooo Thanks Dolphin!! Antix 15 is growing on me!!