DJiNN
Just re-installed 7.2, did and update, upgrade then dist-upgrade, and have the following problems.....

Code: Select all

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  libpostproc51: Depends: libavutil49 (>= 0.svn20080206) but it is not installed
  libxine1-ffmpeg: Depends: libavcodec51 (>= 0.svn20080206) but it is not installed
                   Depends: libavutil49 (>= 0.svn20080206) but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
I've had this before (just before"X" became Non-executable) and couldn't solve it then. Anyone have any ideas what it's related to? I tried"apt-get -f install" and although it gets the debs, it reports an error trying to process them for some reason.

Also, with regards to"Tomboy", i'm trying to get it installed, but keep getting the following.....

Code: Select all

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  libpostproc51: Depends: libavutil49 (>= 0.svn20080206) but it is not going to be installed
  libxine1-ffmpeg: Depends: libavcodec51 (>= 0.svn20080206) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libavutil49 (>= 0.svn20080206) but it is not going to be installed
  tomboy: Depends: mono-runtime (>= 1.1.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgconf2.0-cil (>= 2.20.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libglib2.0-cil (>= 2.12.1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgmime2.2-cil (>= 2.2.20) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgnome2.0-cil (>= 2.20.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgtk2.0-cil (>= 2.12.1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libmono-addins-gui0.2-cil (>= 0.3) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libmono-addins0.2-cil (>= 0.3) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libmono-corlib2.0-cil (>= 1.2.2.1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libmono-system2.0-cil (>= 1.9) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libmono2.0-cil (>= 1.9) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libndesk-dbus-glib1.0-cil (>= 0.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libndesk-dbus1.0-cil (>= 0.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libpanel-applet2-0 (>= 2.19.3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
If anyone has any ideas about this i'd be glad to hear it...... Tomboy was working fine before the"X" problems, but now i can't get it installed.

I'm using Deb testing........ __{{emoticon}}__
OU812
Will this thread help

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/synaptic-update-error-t868.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/synaptic-up ... -t868.html"
====================================

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You need to use the libavcodec51 and ffmpeg from the multimedia repos, not Debian testing or Mepis.
Remove the ones in antiX.

Follow the link, but for testing, replace unstable for testing.
DJiNN
Thanks John, thanks anti - Just doing it now, although the route that i took was slightly different to the the one in the post. I'm just about to do an"Upgrade" now so with a little luck all will be well afterwards...... __{{emoticon}}__