tim
I installed antiX 13 core yesterday. I downloaded kde-plasma-desktop, kde-baseapps, & ran the smxi script to install a lean & mean KDE system. After tweaking out everything, I tried to su System Settings - Login Screen to set up auto login. At the top of the page I see these 2 lines:

"Configure the login manager (KDM)"
"You are not allowed to save the configuration"

I tried several times with no success to save it anyway. I went ahead and changed the debian repos to"testing" and did a dist-upgrade outside of X. I had a couple of little bumps, but all in all everything went perfectly. I tried to su System Settings - Configure the login manager (KDM) again and still can't save any changes to the settings under the System Administration section.

My hardware is as follows
Processor: AMD Sempron 64bit 3100+
memory: 2 sticks, 1 gb ea.
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT with 512 MB memory
Hard Drive(s): 2 250gb (1gb swap on each drive) aptosid 2013-1 on sda 2 & sda 3, antiX 13 on sda 5 & sda6

If any additional info is needed, I will provide it.
Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!
BitJam
I Googled for the error message and got some hits. This seems to be a KDE bug. One suggested workaround was to use:

Code: Select all

$ kdesudo systemsettings
If that doesn't work, I suggest you use Google to find other solutions. Most people here don't use KDE and since this is a KDE specific problem, you will probably have better luck with Google.
tim
Thanks BitJam for the reply, but I already tried that. Any way you approach System Settings as root comes up the same way. The probable KDE bug is one reason why I updated to Debian Testing from Wheezy, I thought that might take care of it, but no luck, not yet anyway.

Again, thanks for the quick reply. __{{emoticon}}__
tim
FIXED!! Apologies BitJam, I had NOT in fact tried kdesudo, in fact, I had to download and install it. Once I did, and ran it, it allowed me access. THANK YOU!! __{{emoticon}}__

Mark this thread as fixed. __{{emoticon}}__