BrownPanda
I always get this errror when booting from the install cd.
the cd itself is perfect.
secipolla
Try to put

Code: Select all

rootdelay=15
in the end of the kernel line in grub.
dcbevins
I've had this problem not with antix, but other distro's (fedora with a dvd). The problem was that one cd/dvd burner was incompatible with the cd/dvd drive I was trying to use the discs I had burned.

The discs work perfectly in other drives and on other system.

It was just the one CD/DVD drive that would not recognized discs from the burner.

I have had burner/drive compatibility problems before. I thought I would suggest this possibility.

Can you try one of the CD's on another system and see if you get the can't find antix filesystem? Can you try a diffrent burner.

If antix will boot on another system, you could install antix to a usb drive and use the usb to boot and install antix.
BrownPanda
For the rootdelay I tried it but it doesnt worked.
But it was a problem the cd rom player __{{emoticon}}__

I have an other question, how do I have to mount my hdb drive to /home ?
srry if I'm posting a stupid question but I'm to this kind of linux __{{emoticon}}__
secipolla
BrownPanda wrote: I have an other question, how do I have to mount my hdb drive to /home ?
srry if I'm posting a stupid question but I'm to this kind of linux __{{emoticon}}__
You could edit /etc/fstab for that. To do it automatically I think the best way would be for you to install antiX with sdb plugged in and choose it for the /home directory (I'm guessing that the installer has this option).

Also what you could do is install with /home in the same partition as / (root), then move your user's folder to sdb and link it back to where it was originally. If you don't understand, ask. But either way I think you should have to boot with sdb plugged in.