Can't boot live USB

kel_en
Hello. I'm new to antiX, but have many years with Debian. I want to evaluate antiX-13 on an Averatec 3260 laptop which currently runs Debian Squeeze. Debian Wheezy fails on this machine with the standard kernel. antiX-13 live CD works perfectly. So much so that I installed it on an IBM t30 Thinkpad and I really like it. Don't want to install on the Averatec without checking for the main fault that disqualifies Wheezy: the inability to play DVD video from the DVD drive although it plays from a .vob file without problem. Thus, the need to boot from a USB stick. I have made live USB sticks using the antiX tools on my Thinkpad installation, and from the Averatec using the live CD. In both cases, the boot menu loads perfectly but once selected, the booting stops with the error that it can't find"antiX/linuxfs" . I have tried the boot option"rootdelay=10" and 20 and 100 and 5 all with the same result as no delay. The live USB sticks boot perfectly in my wife's Fujitsu Lifebook. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Eino

08 Jun 2013, 17:02 #2

Which version of antix are you using?
If you are running a Mobile Sempron 2800+ processor, give the 64 bit version of antix 13 a try.

download link
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Released/antiX-13/antiX-13_x64-full.iso"
linktext was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Released/ ... 4-full.iso"
====================================
anticapitalista
Site Admin
kel_en since the cd works running live, to test dvd playback, you could run the live cd in toram and then eject the cd (you will be propmpted to do so). You can then test a dvd, remember you may need to install libdvdcss2 by enabling the debian-multimedia repo. You can do this running live as well.
kel_en
Not sure how to run the live CD into RAM. I have the live CD running and have installed libdvdcss2 but I can't eject the CD. I suspect you mean to run the live CD in a special manner. Thanks.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
At boot menu, press F4 and toram option will show or simply type toram.

The live boot will be slow as it copies everything to RAM, but once that is done, opening apps at the desktop is fast.
kel_en
Thank you anticapitalista. Booting into RAM allowed me to verify that video from a DVD was perfectly displayed. I am very impressed with antiX and will soon be installing it on a second machine.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Enjoy antiX!