topic title: Bugs
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Post here any bugs you find with antiX-M7.2.

One bug I have noticed is that on installation with some hardware, the screen gets green pixels when booting. Booting continues ok to slim login manager and all works ok.

The solution is to change the splash option to nosplash in the boot/grub/menu.lst
eriefisher
One thing I have found and this is the first time I have seen it, is on my laptop the touchpad/curser gets very strange. Jerky movement, momentary freezes and so on. to fix it I put"i8042.nomux=1" in the grub boot options. It has helped a lot. But, occasionally I get a key repeat That I can't stop. the touchpad and keyboard become useless and the only way out is a hard reboot.??????????
Jerry
I posted this elsewhere, but will bring it here. When I log out and log back in, my wireless mouse ceases to function. This does not happen with M7, some I guess interaction between antiX 7.2 and my Dell 700m laptop is weird.

No solution at the moment except reboot.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
gtk1 switch changer in Settings->Config-User->Gtk1 Themes doesn't work.
OU812
I can't get the clock to display the correct info: I have it set to Los Angeles but the time is way off. Funny, the base iso sets the clock properly. I'll try running the livecd and see if that doesn't help.

john
OU812
OU812
I just loaded the live cd of the 7.2 base iso. I used it to set the clock and it got it right. When I rebooted, the time was still correct. Is there a problem with the 7.2 full iso? Thanks.

john
thinkpada21
I had no problems with the full 7.2 messing up the time.
Craigus
Not a major issue at all, but upon log in, we still have to move the mouse before the system will respond to a right click. This was present in Lysistrata as well, but not in other fluxbox distro's that I use.
thinkpada21
I have noticed the same, about the mouse, but never thought about it. If it helps, if the the mouse is moved before logging in, there is no problem with right-clicking.
oldhoghead
Site Admin
did not see a place to post this so here it is:

after hd install of 7.5 I noticed a boot error concerning:

/etc/rc.S.d/S27 mepis-network.sh line 33 /bin/lspci:file does not exist.

went to mepis-network.sh and changed line 33 to:

/usr/bin/lspci

error solved

cheers
oldhoghead
OU812
Well, I think this was an error in 7.2 as well. So no harm done. This will be up to anti to fix in the 7.5 release. Thanks for the catch!

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks oldhoghead. Fixed for test2.

Craigus, any idea why that happens?