anticapitalista
Site Admin
Since Debian Lenny went final a few days ago, the sid/unstable repos are just that ... unstable.

Please use your common sense when dist-upgrading, make sur you read the messages, whether using smxi, apt-get or synaptic, otherwise you may find your system hosed.

You may wish to wait a while until sid 'settles' down a bit.
Use the sidux forum to see if dist-upgrading is advised against at a particular time.

Note this is particularly true for antiX users using the sid repos, but even in Testing, there may be some problems.
masinick
So far with Sid, as long as I use smxi, the holds on packages have been keeping things under control. Quite a few more than the usual collection of mismatched packages. I would definitely avoid doing a raw apt-get dist-upgrade right now without the assistance of a tool like smxi to lessen the likelihood of an issue, but smxi has been navigating those waters, at least so far, quite well. H2 does have a warning in smxi about the changes, so do be careful, and if you see something questionable, it may be better to wait a day or even a week, then try again.

I have a lot of systems, so if I do mess one up, I have other options available to me, but I am watching carefully too.
eriefisher
There is a huge warning in the smxi script telling you to wait so I pressed continue of course. There is a longer then usual list of mismatch versions and i was getting some bad mdsums as well but in the end although not all was upgraded everything works fine. I wouldn't try it without smxi. Things will definitely go bad otherwise.

BEWARE!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!