rayburn
I am trying to install AntiX on a relatives computer, and of course he has a Canon printer, which I know are notoriously difficult to get working under Linux. Now I have got the printer working using a Lubuntu live cd, but not had any luck with AntiX, which runs much faster on his old box, so it would appear that there is a solution available for Linux with this printer. Now if anyone could throw any light on this problem I would be very grateful.
Dave
Have you looked on cannon's site to see if they have linux drivers for download, if they do not then I would suggest running the lubuntu live cd and copying the driver file, then copying that to Antix and seeing if it works. I would tell you were to find it on lubuntu but I have not used that version. Once it is copied you should then be able to use that file to run the printer, try setting it up using the web browser at the address of localhost:631
rayburn
Thanks Dave, have now given up on that route (AntiX) for a while, although I use it myself. I ended up installing Lubuntu for him, and printer works fine.

Thank you for trying to help!