topic title: antixtousb help !
Ninho
Since I experienced problems with a USB stick made using Rufus, I'll be trying to reflash a USB key but using the 'antixtousb' script (antiX 16). It's slightly annoying that the 'Help' button doesn't seem to do anything (at least here - running antiX in French. Side question btw, can I easily switch rox-icewm and apps to English, and eventually back to French? how so?

Anyhoooo... Back to 'antixtousb' . Should I leave the selected default 1024 MB for system partition, or does size matter ? What about 'persistence' choices ?...

Is there - I guess I should have started asking this : - is there online help for using this script ? Note: I strongly DISlike videos ("youtube" or otherwise...)
dolphin_oracle
Ninho wrote:Since I experienced problems with a USB stick made using Rufus, I'll be trying to reflash a USB key but using the 'antixtousb' script (antiX 16). It's slightly annoying that the 'Help' button doesn't seem to do anything (at least here - running antiX in French. Side question btw, can I easily switch rox-icewm and apps to English, and eventually back to French? how so?

Anyhoooo... Back to 'antixtousb' . Should I leave the selected default 1024 MB for system partition, or does size matter ? What about 'persistence' choices ?...

Is there - I guess I should have started asking this : - is there online help for using this script ? Note: I strongly DISlike videos ("youtube" or otherwise...)

mx linux also includes antix2usb. here's a link to a help file from there:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://mepiscommunity.org/doc_mx/antix2usb.html"
linktext was:"http://mepiscommunity.org/doc_mx/antix2usb.html"
====================================

personally i use the full device whenever I make a liveUSB.

the persistence options are there if you want to use them, but the are not necessary. If you select a persistence option at boot time, the boot routine will offer to make them for you, and really that method is superior anyway as its kept up with changes in disk size.
Ninho
Thank you, @Dolphin-O! ... The USB key made using Antix2USB behaved similar to the previously made rufus one, i.e. both hang while initializing syslinux/extlinux whatever... Oh, well, no sweat. Now at least I know it's not a rufus bug, thus shan't be pinging Pete needlessly.