topic title: antiX w/ KDE-lite
nats007
UPDATE: I'm still running KDE-lite (currently 4.4) and antiX. Figured I'll share my latest configuration!

I'm truly impressed how versatile antiX can be!
I'm running antiX 8.5 full with KDE-lite installed on my Asus Eee PC 1005HA. Here are some screenshots __{{emoticon}}__

I'm extremely pleased with the performance of antiX on my netbook. The eyecandy is more for showing off. I actually caught several Windows 7 users and Mac users with their mouth open when I showed them some compositing...
Last edited by nats007 on 15 Jul 2010, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
hey Nats007, your setup is really slim.
You can add icons for gamix and screenshot: open their .desktop files in /usr/share/icons and add one to the 'Icon=' line. For screenshot.desktop you can leave Icon=/usr/share/icons/Buuf-Deuce/128x128/devices/camera.png for instance.
nats007
Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to update the missing icons.
nats007
Bump for the latest screenshot (added to post #1).

My Eee is still running strong with antiX 8.5 and KDE (4.4).
secipolla
Now that one is impressive, nats007. And it has the same brown of the default antiX theme.
masinick
Nice job, nats007! I've messed around with KDE and a number of additional desktop environments, but I have not done a lot to customize the appearance, other than maybe grabbing an image or two from the KDE Look site. I ought to use more of the great art found here - I do that with the IceWM environment and the Fluxbox environment, though. We sure have some great artists here, and some excellent user interface talents. You've got some great stuff here. Thanks for sharing it!
nats007
secipolla wrote:Now that one is impressive, nats007. And it has the same brown of the default antiX theme.
Thank you very much! It took several trial and errors, especially with conky, but it turned out well and I am very pleased.
nats007
masinick wrote:Nice job, nats007! I've messed around with KDE and a number of additional desktop environments, but I have not done a lot to customize the appearance, other than maybe grabbing an image or two from the KDE Look site. I ought to use more of the great art found here - I do that with the IceWM environment and the Fluxbox environment, though. We sure have some great artists here, and some excellent user interface talents. You've got some great stuff here. Thanks for sharing it!
Thank you, sir! I can't take credit for the image as I found it online. antiX has some great wallpapers shipped on the installation. This one was actually a picture taken in Jamaica. It was fun to personalize antiX to my liking and this is the first time I've gone this far in setting up the graphical interface (i.e., installing DE, setting widgets, wallpapers, theme, installing new KDM and splash, configuring conky, and setting up composting). __{{emoticon}}__
nats007
Some more screenshots:

Installed custom splash screen

My desktop

Showing antiX handling multiple apps simultaneously - Desktop switching enabled with compositing in KDE

Desktop cube enabled with compositing in KDE

all running on my Eee PC 1005HA!

V/R,
Nats
masinick
masinick
Beautiful! You've done some awesome artistry there Nats! I have to check out Sakasa's latest stuff; I always enjoyed his work too. Imagine the two of you in the same room... what artistry!
nats007
Thank you, sir! I really enjoy setting up the desktop to be a little bit flashy and I like eye candy; however, I pick and choose themes available online and tweak as necessary. I can't say that I am a graphic artist like Sakasa, but I do appreciate the compliment.
nats007
Figured I'd share... here is my fully updated antiX with KDE 4.4.5 setup. Also updated my conky (all info and images on the right side of the desktop is controlled via conky)!

V/R,
Nats
rokytnji
Nice job bro. __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Very nice nats007. You need to edit your signature now __{{emoticon}}__
nats007
nats007
Thanks rokytnji and anti!