topic title: antiX on USB flash
dln9
I have antiX on a USB flash drive.

I was just trying things out. Now that I kind of know how antiX works, I want to get it setup"for real". One thing that means for me is that I need to use a larger capacity flash drive. But, I would rather not have to start over from scratch with the new USB flash drive.

So, I would like to preserve all the work I've done by copying all the files from the smaller, original USB flash drive, to the newer, larger one. My thought is to use a tool like GParted to format the newer, larger USB drive to be exactly the same as the older one - except I'd make the antiX partition larger - and then simply copy (using the copy command) all the files from the old drive to the new drive (keeping them in the correct partition). Will that work? Or, does something like this require some under-the-covers black magic that I'm not aware of, and so I need to start all over with antix2usb and then reinstall all the programs and edits I've installed on the old drive?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
That should work. You will probably have to edit the grub/menu.lst as the uuid's will no doubt be different.