Pierre771
secipolla wrote:You're welcome. If you don't have the antix full cd then I may upload antixcc-fr.sh for you.
Yes, please.

Thanks
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You will also need to install all the apps that the antiXcc uses for all the options to work.
Pierre771
I didn't succed in editing with nano...

__{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista wrote:You will also need to install all the apps that the antiXcc uses for all the options to work.
I don't understand. Is it necessary ?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
The base version comes with only a few apps by default.
The antiX control centre in the full version has been configured to use lots of apps that are not included in antiX-base. To start with you will need to install zenity and gtkdialog just for the antiXcc to work.
secipolla
Pierre771 wrote:I didn't succed in editing with nano...
You mean the sudoers file?
It's easy, move the cursor with the keyboard arrows, press 'enter' to create a new line, type the line (delete and backspace works too) and press ctrl+o to save (it will ask for a confirmation, press 'enter' to confirm). Then press ctrl+x to exit (the commands are at the bottom of the screen).

The '^' sign means 'ctrl', so '^O' means 'ctrl+o'.
Pierre771
secipolla wrote:Pierre, if you go back to antiX 8, as soon as it's installed - before you update - make sure to comment the 'testing' repos in /etc/sources.list . Also change 'stable' for 'lenny'.
This way you'll have Debian Lenny's repos which although doesn't have the latest software versions will give you much fewer 'headaches'.
Hello

Can you telle me what should I have select in /etc/sources.list in 8.2 please.

I think my problems in 8.2 came from it...

Thanks
secipolla
antiX 8 was released at the same time as Debian current stable release, Lenny (actually you can leave 'stable' in the repos but 'lenny' is ok too) so it's natural for it to have the 'stable' repos as its sources.list.. That was in february.
antiX 8.2 was released in july with applications from Debian testing so if you comment the lines with 'testing' in its sources.list and keep only the lines with 'stable' then maybe you won't have updates for a long time and the applications that you install will be from the stable repos (earlier versions).
I've never tried that and don't know if some application would complain that what's already installed in antiX is too new but I imagine that it's possible that if you make the changes in antiX 8.2 to enable only 'stable' repos you would have fewer issues when updating and upgrading.
Pierre771
secipolla wrote: open rox file manager and go to ~/.icewm, right-click the startup file, select properties and check the 'Exec' boxes in 'User', 'Group' and 'World'.
I don't have rox, I have mc but I don't know how to use it.

I use Thunar. In"properties", I have one box"authorize to execute". I checked it.
Pierre771
The icon was successfully installed.

But in spite of visudo, the deconnection still offers only a logout from the user, not the shutdown.

Visudo modified"/etc/sudoers.temp"

Should I modify"/etc/sudoers" too ?

Thanks
OU812
Yes, you should edit /etc/sudoers using visudo

john
secipolla
For the sudoers editing, after you put that new line you press ctrl+o and then 'enter' to confirm.

If you edit ~/.icewm/preferences like this (as I said in the other post):

Code: Select all

#  Command to shutdown the system
ShutdownCommand="sudo halt"

#  Command to reboot the system
RebootCommand="sudo reboot"
then you should have the reboot and shutdown options in Icewm menu.
Pierre771
No, I don't have it.

There is only"confirm deconnection" (ie logout)

(Déconnexion => confirmer la déconnexion (valider/annuler) )

(in visudo I suppressed this line (comment) :

##onthego ALL=/usr/sbin/mesm

which not was in your example)
secipolla
Did you restart icewm?

Do you have /sbin/reboot and /sbin/halt ?

I don't know why they didn't show up. Try pressing ctrl+alt+del and see if the 'reboot' and the 'shutdown' options appear.

Otherwise maybe anti has something to say.
Pierre771
It's OK with ctrl alt del !!

Thanks !
Pierre771
It's OK with ctrl alt del !!

Thanks !