linktext was:"http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/antix/preview/"
====================================

and here:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://tomlinux.ca/testing"
linktext was:"http://tomlinux.ca/testing"

To download from topcat, user=antiXtester and password=fluxbox

Edit: xdelta patch available from topcat site. If you have antiX-M7.2 you can patch the iso file with the xdelta patch to produce antiX-M7.2-preview1.iso.
See Mepis wiki for instructions.

*Dist-upgraded to 30 March 2008.
*Rox-desktop enabled at default.
*New Xtralean cheatcode. Try this to speed up boot, it disables a lot of services including ipw3945d (so if you have this, don't use Xtralean)
*Some Rox apps included.
*Catfish included
*Bashburn cli burner included, but not in menu. Use a terminal.
*Re-organised fluxbox menu
*Some (basic) organisation of icewm menu
*antiXcc has 2 parts at the moment. Called Control-User and Control-Admin. (Thanks to OU812)
*ceni (thanks to sidux) can now be used as user (Thanks to Urban)
*epdfview added (default, xdpf is still available)
*osmo PIM added
*new mplayer skin
*new xmms skin
Hopefully bugs from beta have been fixed, ie xkill, logout and locales. By default locales is set to en_US.

Have fun, post bugs, comments here.
Last edited by anticapitalista on 14 Apr 2008, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
OU812
I think you have released the most impressive antix to date. I like the new look, layout, and tools. The new default xmms and mplayer skins are among my favorites. The slim login screen is one of my favorite sakasa walls. The layout of the icons is very tasteful; I like having them there. Also, the rox terminal is a terrific addition as is the new icon set. Good improvements to the fb menu - it seems more logical now. The"locale" problem also seems to be fixed. The links in iceweasel look terrific. It looks like wicd is out and catfish is still in? Here are a couple of thoughts:

1. I like symmetry - perhaps move the terminal icon to the top row of the screen and in its former spot include an icon for gqview.
2. Since the"control panels" are still more or less a work in progress, perhaps we can still leave the related entries in the fb menu?
3. Since there is a rox-terminal icon on the desktop, do you really need an entry for it on the fb menu along with the entry for wterm? Maybe you could relocate the rox-terminal entry to the"wm" section?
4. I still can't access my music folders using gmpc.
5. synaptic does not use the default gtk2 theme. Install it in /usr/share/themes and run switch2 as root to set the theme for root. This should fix it.
6. Since we can't enable conky with rox desktop, how about including a different monitor such as gkrelm or wmmon?
7. Maybe include links to the antix homepage, forum, and mepislovers forums on the bookmarks toolbar folder (for easy access).

Also, it looks like we're back to the more stable branch of debian? Could you please clarify? Thanks.

Looking forward to the final release. You have a real winner here.

john
eriefisher
Hi John,

Since you like your icons so much take a look at this. It's something I've been playing with.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/it-just-keeps-getting-better-t579.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/it-just-kee ... -t579.html"

eriefisher
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks for the comments OU812.

A quick reply until I get more feedback.

wicd is included. It is in the menu, but not antiXcc-Admin.
antiX is still using Debian testing repos.

Have you tried the Xtralean and lean cheatcodes on boot when using the livecd or fromiso?