topic title: antiX M7.2 beta
djrsml
I downloaded and installed the beta with no problems, it installed in less than 5 minutes on my computer!
There are a couple of messages that pop up while booting : (1) PCI failed to allocate resources #6 .....

(2) ACPI exception ....processor device not present.

Other than that everything seams to work just fine!
DJiNN
Same here..... all installed fine & working well. Love the new antiXcc thing. Reminds me of the TinyMe one, and it's just what's needed.
djrsml
Thats great!, I've just finished installing antiX 7.2 preview1 and it's looking good!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks for the feedback.

Could you try out, as a livecd, the various cheatcode options.

ie in the grub menu for preview1 there is an UltraLite option with vesa/lean/Xtralean cheats.
and let me know how fast boot is.

Please post your computer spec ie CPU, RAM etc

Thanks.

anticapitalista
djrsml
I came up with 1 min 10 seconds from the time that I press enter, until the login screen appears.
I have an Intel Celeron D 3.33 GHZ with 2 GBs of memmory. I believe that my cd drive is an IDE 48x
edit: ultralite option = 1 min 10 seconds
vesa option = 1 min 15 sec
lite option =1 min 5 sec
normal boot = 1 min 48 sec
Last edited by djrsml on 03 Apr 2008, 23:01, edited 2 times in total.
DJiNN
I've just tried it on my Zepto 6615WD (Core 2 duo 2ghz with 2 gig ram) and i'm not sure of the speed of the drive, but i got the following.

UltraLite - 1min 10 secs from start to Login screen
Lite - 1min 04 Secs from start to Login.
Normal - 1min 24 secs from start to Login.

So, not a great deal of difference between them at all on this machine, and the Lite booted slightly faster than the UltraLite??

Anyway, i shall also be testing on several other machines to see if there's any difference, and i'll post the details asap.

Love the look though. __{{emoticon}}__
djrsml
I've retested several times now (with more accurate means of timing) and have not been able to duplicate the 59 second start up.
It appears to be closer to 1 min 10 seconds.