lagopus

Code: Select all

Conclusion

All things considered, the time I've spent with antiX has been enjoyable. Aside from speed, I was impressed by the system's stability. I experienced no crashes, and never encountered anything I would call a bug. Doing the necessary tweaks wasn't a big deal for an experienced Linux geek. However, I admit that a newbie might find this intimidating. I can live with the fact that inserting a USB gizmo doesn't pop-up a pretty file manager. Unfortunately, my biggest complaint - the unresolved microphone issue - could be fatal. I await a solution for this - otherwise, I may have to look elsewhere if I want to bring my ancient Eee PC 701 back from the dead.
male
I've also just found:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20111205#feature"
linktext was:"http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 05#feature"
====================================
rokytnji
the unresolved microphone issue - could be fatal. I await a solution for this- otherwise, I may have to look elsewhere if I want to bring my ancient Eee PC 701 back from the dead
Rok knows the fix. At least for a 900. I haven't booted my 701SD in a while. Too busy with Christmas, (My mom may make a surprise visit)

eeepc-900-microphone-debian-wheezy-fix-antix-11-t3433.html

Edit: He made me curious since I could not remember if I had ever checked my mic. If his chip is the same as mine.

Audio:     Card: Intel 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller driver: HDA Intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: 1.0.23
No pulse audio is needed. Alsa handles it just fine with the right alsamixer adjustments. No special config needed like I did on my 900. Maybe he turned off mic in bios or disabled it via a hot key is all I can guess.

Mhwavedit test. Loud and clear mike on EEEPC 701SD.
Mhwavedit test. Loud and clear mike on EEEPC 701SD.

If that review is by paraquat. This test was done on my internal mic on my eeepc 701, I guess I should also mention my kernel is.

~$ uname -r
2.6.38-3.dmz.1-liquorix-686
Which I installed via smxi.