topic title: antiX-irc?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
A question for you to ponder.

Should I/we set up an irc channel for antiX?
eriefisher
If you think you have enough traffic for it, go for it.

eriefisher
acidburned
could come in handy,if there was problems loggin into the antix site for say or any kind of help and maybe more ppl to help out.
dieselbenz
anticapitalista wrote:A question for you to ponder.

Should I/we set up an irc channel for antiX?
I am not saying you shouldn't but I wouldn't use it. Our household doesn't do IRC. Wife's first marriage broke up after her husband got involved with someone via IRC. Ironically, I also met her on IRC but there was nothing romatic until after her marriage broke up. I knew her husband online better than I knew her.

Our household has a no-IRC rule, and has for over a decade.

D.
n2j3
I'm an (admittedly bad) IRCop @
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.zoite.net/"
linktext was:"zoite.net"
====================================
, a small , friendly network with virtually no trolls and a good number of helpful people. If you want my services give me a shout.
n2j3
Registered #antix @ zoite.net

servers:

funky.zoite.net / sexy.zoite.net / affinity.zoite.net and laeta.zoite.net

SSL connections available on every server.
Urban
zoite appears very small. I'm wondering how much traffic will actually come through the zoite channel.

zoite #linux: 12 people who did not say anything while I was there or respond to me. Same with #antix actually.

freenode ##linux: 743 people who not only said things before I had a chance to type anything, but also had more people joining before I could type anything.

Still waiting for anything to happen on zoite.

Admittedly, number of people is not necessarily important, but it seems more people use freenode and it is easier/faster to type /join #antix than it is to add another irc server and then join.

I applied for #antix on freenode yesterday when anticapitalista told me there was no channel (before you made this post). I am waiting for freenode to get back to me since there is an approval process for an official channel. So until then I am sitting in both #antix on freenode and zoite.

#antix on zoite currently has 4 ircops, ntoojaythree (and n2j3 the ircop so a duplicate user), a guy in every single channel, and myself. Essentially two people.

I do not really care where the channel is at this point since I have already set up auto joining both. I'm just thinking about the future when more people are needing to join irc.

I nick beeped everyone in #antix.
I am still waiting for a response on zoite in either channel. Oh well. /quit

EDIT: I had long talk with the netadmin for zoite. He seems like a nice enough person. He assures me the servers are stable and there are few netsplits. The community of zoite seems to be fairly close knit. Most of the people in #antix seem to be ircops for now, but I am willing to see how well this goes. Server I am using is chat.zoite.net. As far as I understand that is the equivalent to having irc at the beginning of irc.freenode.net.