dirkd
Hi,

I reported elsewhere that the AntiX installer got removed when installing q4wine. Other users saw nothing of the kind. I now I understand better what's going on, after experimenting with AntiX on a virtual machine.

When using the Jessie repositories, I can install wine, and then q4wine, without losing the installer. However q4wine is not fully functional: I can't get it to extract icons from windows .exe's. It's not that great an issue and I could probably work around that with other tools, but it makes installing a windows application (I do need a few) a lot more cumbersome.

When using the Testing repositories, q4wine will only install after removing the AntiX installer. The reason is a dependency (of Antix Installer) on libqt4-gui. On installing q4wine, that library gets replaced by (I think) libqtgui4. When trying to reinstall the AntiX installer, synaptics states that libqt4-gui is uninstallable (and hence AntiX installer also). In this scenario q4wine does handle windows icons without problems, but there is an other small glitch: the windows minimize/maximize/close buttons in each window's title bar are incorrectly rendered (but visible, and functional).

What I don't understand is that I have the impression that the version numbers of both wine and q4wine are the same in each repository. Where, then, does the difference arise?
Last edited by dirkd on 02 Aug 2015, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
libqt4-gui does not exist in Debian Testing repo but libqtgui4 does (I guess it is its replacement) and the newer wine in testing is built with that library
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I have built a new deb for the installer without the libqt4-gui dependency. It should appear in the testing repo soon. (32 bit only since I cannot build a 64 bit version until I return home in late September)
dirkd
Thanks.