topic title: antiX & Gnome 3
buttcoffee
Gnome 3 is crap, in my opinion, but here are some screenshots of it.

Gnome 3 disabled all this stuff like right click, you gotta go into dconf editor. gconf is apparently gone in gnome 3. It's takes too much effort to find and open up a program or find one that's been minimized. I have all these double entries in the applications area that I cannot remove, like abiword and arora above. To find a program that's been minimized, you gotta move the mouse up over Activities then find it's window. I will post a screenshot of gnome 3's fallback mode later. It's a little bit more useable, but still useless in my opinion. WTF were the gnome developers thinking? This is worse than when KDE released KDE 4.0.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
So that is what antiX with gnome3 looks like. Nice screenies buttcoffee. You know maybe someone (?!) really wants antiX with gnome3. These shots show it is possible.
Dave
Now I had a feeling that it would not be as great as they said it is. Now, this may seem like a"dumb" question, but I would like to verify how you installed gnome 3. I am currently using the testing repository and when I search"gnome" in synaptic, find the"gnome" package it appears that it is still the 2.3 version. I wish to take a look at it despite my thoughts and your review.
buttcoffee
I first installed gnome using the unstable packages. Then to apt-pinning my attachment into /etc/apt/preferences.d/gnome. After that, enable experimental, then apt-get dist-upgrade and you'll have gnome 3.

Remove the txt from the gnome file. __{{emoticon}}__
buttcoffee
Here's gnome 3 fallback mode. It seems my right click has been disabled in this mode. I've never been a fan of gnome and hardly ever really used it. But I'd thought I'd give gnome 3 a shot.

kidx86
This looks like the fallback mode in Ubuntu they said they are gona remove it this looks nothing like ICEWM or Antix?