topic title: AntiX Base w/Gnome
TLeeNorris
Hello AntiX. Here is my freshly installed base .iso with Gnome. Need to find a new background now. Just re-installed the base .iso over antiX-M7 Lysistrata.

anticapitalista
Site Admin
xToeCutter, welcome to the antiX forum.

Glad you managed to install gnome to the antiX-base system and it appears to be working ok. (but WHY? __{{emoticon}}__ )
Let us know how well it works.

For wallpaper, you might find one from here by Sakasa. Have a look in the Graphics section of the forum.

So, who's going to do E17antiX? Or antiXWM, or antiX-KDE-Lite?
So many choices.
TLeeNorris
Thanks Anticaptialista!
Glad you managed to install gnome to the antiX-base system and it appears to be working ok. (but WHY? Twisted Evil )
Let us know how well it works.
Just to see if I would like Gnome? And I don't, really. Now if I could just remove all of it!!.. __{{emoticon}}__
or antiX-KDE-Lite?
I would really like this, how would this be done? If I type.. apt-get install kde.. it installs EVERYTHING... how would you install a 'lite' version of KDE? I liked the old version of Mepis Lite KDE . It even ran great on my old Emachine 500i (500 mhz Celeron, 64mb ram). Plus I really like KDE. Fluxbox, Icewm are a little too command-line driven for me. I like gui's... __{{emoticon}}__
eriefisher
Try"apt-get install kdebase". This should get you just the minimum to run kde and you can later install wanted apps.

eriefisher