iamclueless
hello

been playing with antixbase for a couple of weeks now

couple of things i noticed... it has a tendency to"grow". i.e. rox-filer will pull in zero install injector. and the mepis-install and mepis tools is linked to gparted which pulls in all these qt4 configuration tools... or im thinking the entire set of mepis tools is pulling in the qt4 things. is there anyway to prevent this? will pinning them at their current version or deleting them work?? the tools would then need to be reinstalled with only the mepis repo - then pinned?

i dunno

second question:
is there anyway to get the control centre from 7.5 into 7.2 base? i suppose i could just wait for the 7.5 final and base.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I have noticed that too. For example even in the full version, if you install pcmanfm, it pulls in gnome-icons (16MB!). But an
apt-get remove --purge gnome-icons
will happily remove the file and leave pcmanfm alone.

The qt4 stuff is 'preparing' for when kde4 will be released AFAIK.
If you don't need the Mepis tools and qparted, then you could remove them. I don't think pinning will work.

Second question: Yes, but the script is incomplete for base upgrades. You could try it, but a lot will get installed, maybe things you don't want. You could download the antiX-upgrader file and edit it to your tastes, but you would also have to edit the antiX controlcentre file too.