kadarone
I have an old Panasonic Toughbook PII 300MHz 128MB 6GB. I really like this old machine it has a full magnesium alloy casing, and its unique carrying handle makes it easy to transport anywhere!

I tryed DSL and Puppy Linux on this machine first but neither of them supported my Linksys WPC54G ver.2 wireless card. While trying to find a fix I located a post that mentioned that Mepis supported this card out-of-the-box so I decided to give antiX a try and it works just fine. The external CD drive no longer works and the bios doesn't support booting from USB so I got antix setup from DOS using my USB Flash Drive.

Thanks for this awesome distro!
masinick
Great feedback! I've found the same thing. Regardless of the hardware, antiX has done a great job of detecting it, configuring it, and running with relatively low overhead. I have consistently been able to get wireless devices easily working with antiX. When on the road with wireless, antiX is consistently what I use.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Firstly, welcome to antiX, kadarone.

Nice story in getting antiX on that box.
Your box might be the lowest spec box that antiX has been installed on. (Someone recenly posted from antiX on a PII 300MHz with 160Mb RAM)

Enjoy antiX!

anticapitalista