topic title: AntiX 15
rokytnji
The Beta baby, on the IBM T23

anticapitalista
Site Admin
WOW! You done it!

Great work roky - let us know how you got the gain after the pain.
rokytnji
Will do bro. Here is the fresh install on the touchscreen netbook.

DeepDayze
I see you dusted off the old T23 and how well does it run? My own T23 is a little creaky as it needs a new motherboard.
rokytnji
how well does it run?
Runs Ok except for the smartctl message during the installer run. It says my hard drive may die in a year. But I have a 30 gig backup drive if the 80 gig goes. __{{emoticon}}__
rust collector
hmm, I get the same message... since years ago.... still works fine
rokytnji
While PMing with Bitjam on Sis and Savage graphics for live boot sessions . I did a new blue look on the IBM T23. It has IcePuma 2.2 Icewm theme.Mediterranean White Night GTK 2 Widget. Made a kicker launcher for Icewm toolbar.

Easy on the eyes and easy to read. Icewm theme came from
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php/Icepuma?content=111820"
linktext was:"http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php ... ent=111820"
====================================
. The rest is just stock AntiX. Wallpaper from
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/53122891"
linktext was:"http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/53122891"
====================================
DeepDayze
Nice, Roky...will set up AntiX on my T23 once I put it all back together again. Anything special to do for installing display driver for the Savage IX chip?
rokytnji
DeepDayze wrote:Nice, Roky...will set up AntiX on my T23 once I put it all back together again. Anything special to do for installing display driver for the Savage IX chip?
Depends. If you wait for Beta 2. Bitjam and I have been trying some end around runs for just that issue.
I will test Beta 2 and see what I will see.
Hopefully between us, we figured out how to skin that cat.

If not. I have documented pretty well on how to purge savage and vesa and all config files first. Then re-install vesa to a pristine / etc/X11
that has the live session configs in place. I've done it enough now to where I hope I have it memorized.

We will cross that bridge though. When we walk up on it. No worries Bro. __{{emoticon}}__
DeepDayze
rokytnji wrote:
DeepDayze wrote:Nice, Roky...will set up AntiX on my T23 once I put it all back together again. Anything special to do for installing display driver for the Savage IX chip?
Depends. If you wait for Beta 2. Bitjam and I have been trying some end around runs for just that issue.
I will test Beta 2 and see what I will see.
Hopefully between us, we figured out how to skin that cat.

If not. I have documented pretty well on how to purge savage and vesa and all config files first. Then re-install vesa to a pristine / etc/X11
that has the live session configs in place. I've done it enough now to where I hope I have it memorized.

We will cross that bridge though. When we walk up on it. No worries Bro. __{{emoticon}}__
No problem __{{emoticon}}__

I'll take a look at Beta 2 once it's ready and when my T23 is whole again (it needs new MB)
rokytnji
Beta 2 floating on the IBM T23

jdmeaux1952
rokytnji wrote:Beta 2 floating on the IBM T23

She looks familiar. i think she checked me for contraband at the last stag party I went to. That explains the 12 lashes. __{{emoticon}}__
BitJam
Naughty and nice! Santa's going to be very confused.
rokytnji
New Kernel on Touchscreen Netbook

rokytnji
New Kernel on Dell T3400 install