AntiX 15.1 Connectshares issue

PHerrmann
Hi,
Machine: Asus EeePC 701 w/ Intel Celeron 630 MHz, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB SSD (sda) and a 32 GB SD card (sdc)
OS: AntiX 15.1 installed with sda1 mounted on / and sdc1 mounted on /home
Issue: I tried to attach samba shares (on Windows network) and I followed the tutorial video. Beginning is the same, but I get stuck in Connectshares Configuration panel after finding the shares offered (step 1). After selection of step 2 (Nominate shares) in the menu, accepting this item sends me back to first item in the menu (step 1). I cannot access the configuration panel shown in the video.
Did I miss something ?
Thank you for your help
rokytnji
Oops. I did not know you followed the video in my other reply. I had not read this one yet.

I do not do windows , so I will back out so other members can reply .
dolphin_oracle
You can edit the configuration manually. The file should be in ~/.config/connectshares

Latest video

SamK
rokytnji wrote:I do not do windows , so I will back out so other members can reply.
Just for future reference, to Connectshares it does not matter whether the shares are coming from a Windows box or a Linux box.

Provided the share server system:
  1. Publishes the shares to the LAN
  2. Grants access rights on each published share, to the operator of the remote workstation
Connectshares will mount them on the antiX workstation system.

PHerrmann wrote:Did I miss something ?
Connectshares section of the antiX FAQ.

Online FAQ
Use this after a new install if you have not updated/upgraded the shipped apps

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-15/FAQ/index.html"
linktext was:"http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/doc ... index.html"
====================================

Installed FAQ
This contains fewer sections until you update/upgrade the shipped apps
Main Menu-->Help-->antiX-->antiX FAQ
PHerrmann
Thanks to all of you,
Manually editing connectshares.conf allowed the connection to a first remote system and to access the files in the specified share. OK so far.
I followed the User Guide to add shares from a second remote system : all is OK now. The second configuration file was created manually. Connectshares Configuration doesnt work properly on this EeePC, but it doesnt matter.
Thank you very much
SamK
PHerrmann wrote:Connectshares Configuration doesnt work properly on this EeePC, but it doesnt matter.
I have a slightly different eeepc model that I test on (ASUS 1005HA). I have just tried Connectshares Configuration on that and it worked as expected.

Perhaps unfamiliarity with the Connectshares Configuration psuedo-GUI might be causing you some confusion. It works slightly differently than a true GUI.

Anyway, it is good to know you have Connectshares working with both of your share servers.