topic title: AMD 780G chipset
impuwat
Is anyone using any of the plethora of motherboards running the AMD 780G chipset? It effectively puts a Radeon into the motherboard. I want to upgrade my hardware for a rippin fast new antiX machine and have been thinking about one of these motherboards.

I don't do any gaming, so thought for the price point one of these boards might be nice to try. But I would like to hear comments from someone running linux and preferably antix on one of them before I plunk down the $90. I've read a few good reviews on the net of ubuntu running on these mobos. Sounds like linux drivers are in the works for the crossfire feature, which I may not use if the standard performance is ok.
impuwat
Still interested to hear about the experience if anyone does buy one of these boards. I read too many scary things about sata problems and other related quirks with the current linux kernal.

I found an interesting option. Just bought a used Shuttle (Small Form Factor)....Pentium 4 2.6, 1 GB Ram. I've always wanted to try a little Shuttle and I'm looking forward to putting antiX on it. It will be a week or two before I get it but I will keep you posted. Paid about the same for this used system as I would have for the 780G motherboard.