metallextrem
A simple question: how can I align desktop icons in rox-icewm?
Thanks!
spacepenguin
I guess you need a ruler, a calm hand and good vision... I didn't find another method either...
SamK
metallextrem wrote:A simple question: how can I align desktop icons in rox-icewm?
Thanks!
The co-ordinates for the icons are held in ~/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/pb_antiX-ice
metallextrem
SamK: please, can you be more specific?
SamK
metallextrem wrote:SamK: please, can you be more specific?
When using Rox+IceWM, the properties of each desktop shortcut are defined in the file
/home/USERNAME/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/pb_antiX-ice.

The position of a shortcut on the desktop is defined by the co-ordinates x and y
  • x=horizontal distance from left edge of the desktop
  • y=vertical distance from top edge of the desktop
Shortcuts that have the same value for x, will be located at the same distance from the left edge of the desktop and will therefore be aligned along the same vertical axis.

Shortcuts that have the same value for y, will be located at the same distance from the top edge of the desktop and will therefore be aligned along the same horizontal axis.

Using a plain text editor (such as leafpad) these values can be manually edited.

Two other factors may influence the alignment.
  • Rox provides a standard size square area in which the graphic image for the shortcut is displayed. If the design of the image is offset to one side the shortcut may appear to be misaligned.
  • If the length of the text displayed under the image is wider than the width of the standard size square for the graphic image, the x co-ordinate will not be honoured. An actual misalignment will occur.
metallextrem
Thanks a lot, SamK. I will try when have enough time.
I realize that Rox+IceWM is not the best desktop for these kind of things...