jdt
Hello,
Congrats on a great distro - very very happy to have been able to rescue my housemates laptop that had ground to a halt on vista into a sleek machine! (Well, its a brick, but it functions well) It is a Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile.

I have however just tried to"suspend" the system, and since then it detects no wireless networks. It still apparently sees my card, but neither wcid nor ceni can find any networks (they exist - i'm using it right now!). I've also tried playing about with mnetwork, stoppping, rebooting etc, but that hasn't fixed the problem.

Oh an uname gives me 2.6.27-1-mepis-smp - hopefully I am in the right forum! If not, please forgie me & let me know!

Any thoughts on fixes or diagnostics gratefully received, as I only have access to a wireless network...
tia
dee
oldhoghead
Site Admin
Looks like you're running an earlier version of antiX, how about in terminal as a user:

inxi -F

and paste results here in a code box.

edit: Thanks anti __{{emoticon}}__

cheers,
ohh
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Make that a capital -F

That version of antiX is quite old. Maybe try a later version.
jdt
Hi -
thanks for your help

I'm currently unable to get my usb stick functioning on the unconnected machine and this one (!), so here by hand, one line from inix-F relating to the wireless card:

Network: Card-1: Atheros AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath_pci v: svn

If you were interested in pther parts of the output this will have to wait until i've found another USB stick...
dee