frogprince
Hi, I just ran apt-get update/apt-get dist-upgrade, and now Pysolfc won't run. I first tried using the menu icon, and it started to load, but never finished. So I ran pysolfc from the command line, and got the following:

Code: Select all

$ pysolfc
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File"/usr/games/pysolfc", line 32, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
  File"/usr/share/games/pysolfc/pysollib/main.py", line 359, in main
    r = pysol_init(app, args)
  File"/usr/share/games/pysolfc/pysollib/main.py", line 314, in pysol_init
    app.audio.connectServer(app)
  File"/usr/share/games/pysolfc/pysollib/pysolaudio.py", line 445, in connectServer
    self.mixer.init()
pygame.error: No available audio device
So I went to the Antix control center to check the sound settings, but when I clicked on Hardware/Adjust Mixer, a window flashed on for a
fraction of a second, and then disappeared. So Alsa Mixer won't come up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
dolphin_oracle
do you have a hang at boot time on /dev populating?

try removing oss-compat package. there was an update that screwed up alsa. removing the package and rebooting clears that problem up in a lot of cases.