Piedie
Hi,

Today I installed the openoffice applications. Now I would like the apps to be added to the office menu when right clicking on the desktop.
They are added in the programs menu of Icewm but I do not like that wm.
Could someone explain in clear steps what to do. I'm not that experienced yet with linux.

Thanks,

Piedie
eriefisher

Code: Select all

leafpad ~/.fluxbox/menu
You should see how the menu is laid out. Find the section you want to add to and basically copy it with the correct commands

[exec] (name) {command}

I'm not sure of the exact commands for OO but remember to save before you close and they should show up in the menu when you right click.
Jerry
This will do it:

[exec] (OO) {openoffice}
eriefisher
There should be separate commands for writer,draw,presentation etc.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
If you open /etc/X11/fluxbox/fluxbox-menu it should show the path for the openoffice apps.

Just place them in the fluxbox menu as erie says.

eg

[exec] (Word) {oowriter}
Piedie
Hi,

Ok, I wrapped up what you all wrote and succeed in creating a menu Open Office and within it Writer, Calc and Impress. Do not know yet where that database is but that does not matter now. Thanks to you I'm learning quick. And I am using the terminal with the man pages to learn more. Thanks again,

Piedie

Edit: now I found out after starting OO I can choose for all document with File-->New. So I made an entry in the menu to start OO (Thanks to Jerry __{{emoticon}}__ )