a_dude2009
Hello, I've been using antiX now about 2 days and have been heavily modifying this O.S.. Its been a lot of fun. What I would like to know is what directory do I add new themes to? I've looked in /home/user/.icewm/ and there is no directory for themes. BTW, I have a Dell C610 (pentium III 1.0GHz-256MB RAM-5 GB H.D.-CDRW) and this Linux distro runs great! I thank the people who worked on this project. I had been using Puppy Linux, but I found it very difficult to get the programs I wanted to work. antiX has been very stable and easy to configure, so far. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. __{{emoticon}}__
Dave
I have posted to where you entered this question before but I believe that it is in /usr/share/icewm/themes but it is possible that it is in /usr/share/themes though i think this is for gtk. It is one of the two do not really remember moved to using lxde
dark-D
welcome to antix. if the folder is not there, create it. home/user/.icewm/themes for your user or usr/share/icewm/themes for all the users and root.
rokytnji
I've looked in /home/user/.icewm/ and there is no directory for themes
From long time past in tech tips thread in Icewm thread it is mentioned numerous times on how to install added themes in /home/user/.icewm.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/icewm-t696.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/icewm-t696.html"
====================================

Lots of good themes in that thread also.

Just add new directory using rox or pcmanfm and name it themes

Put your new themes in there. Menu will pick them up.

Just elaborating on what Ice said.
a_dude2009
Hello, thank you for all the great responses. I did search the forum (and H.D.), natch, first before posting this query. But, I did not find the solution. Everyone should search for a good 10 minutes before taking up peoples time and efforts.
AND THE WINNER IS!!!...(drum roll) DAVE!! and the crowd roars.
thank you, Dave, you are spot on and now I can add my Vista theme. This will enable and ease the transition for a few friends of mine (THIS guy has friends??!!) to start using Linux. I figure, hey, if it looks like windows to start with, they will feel more at ease using it. After they become familiar with the O.S., they can change the theme.
Now I did detect some envy at the powerful laptop I am using (a reminder: C610 Pentium III 1GHz, 256MB ram, 5 gig h.d.). LOL. Well, this is a good cheap laptop to start our Linux user's group with, a very durable, stable platform that everyone can afford ($50from local comp store). and it gets the job done.
What, no comments about my cool desktop!! __{{emoticon}}__
a_dude2009
O.K., so I should explain where I found some themes and how to add them for others who wish to do so.
This link will take you to a Icewm themes page where you can preview, then download your theme:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://box-look.org/index.php?xsortmode=down&logpage=0&xcontentmode=7311&page=0"
linktext was:"http://box-look.org/index.php?xsortmode ... 311&page=0"
====================================

If you have not changed your destination directory for firefox downloads, then your compressed file will be in /home/username/Downloads (username is the name you chose at install, the one you use to log on)
Simply start your file browser and go to that directory. Double click on that file and the Xarchive Manager will start. If you have never used this before, don't worry, it is very simple. Just click on the button Select All and then Extract. In the dialog box that now opens, click on the button OK. Now that gives you the unpacked directory in your Downloads directory.
Now we need to transfer this newly created directory to /usr/share/icewm/themes so after you either restart icewm or restart the computer, it will see this addition and add it to the themes menu.
Since that directory is for the root only, you need to gain root privileges temporarily.
There are a few ways to do this, I used this method:
Start your Root Terminal by going to Menu, then applications, then accessories, click on Root Terminal.
Type in this line: cp -r /home/username/Downloads/name of newly created directory /usr/share/icewm/themes
In my case, the command was cp -r /home/user1/Downloads/VistaBlack /user/share/icewm/themes
(please note all the spaces and correct spelling, as the command line is very picky.
Now, obviously, you are going to substitute the username with your own and substitute name of newly created directory with the one that was created by Xarchive Manager in Downloads.
Now you can simply click on Menu, then Logout, then Restart Icewm. Wait a few seconds. Now go to Menu, Themes and Bang! you should see your new icewm themes in the list. Clicking on it will start it.
Here is a snap shot of my new Vista themed desktop.
I hope someone finds this helpful.