nassausky
Anyone know where (or how to get) add-apt-repository to work? I wanted to install some apps and some sites told me to use add-apt-repository to add a repository.

For example Boot-Repair"

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair
rust collector
I am not sure, but that sounds very much like an ubuntu thing?

iIrc, there is a way to do that in debian as well, but it is not recommended, I think?
dolphin_oracle
yeah...PPA's are a ubuntu thing. since antix is debian based, that command won't work. If you can find the actual repo destination to match the ppa, you can simply put the info into / etc /apt/sources.list.d/debian.list or one of the other .list files. I usually put my extra repos in various.list.

for instance, netflix-desktop compholio PPA lists the standard debian repo information under"technical details about this PPA"
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Just to add that it is not recommended to use Ubuntu and any Ubuntu 3rd party repos,
nassausky
OK I figured that since Ubuntu is debian based, it would work out. Thanks.
rust collector
Well, if you get he right link in your sources.list... it might work, but since it is made for ubuntu, it might also break something in your system.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
nassausky - Ubuntu changes some of the lib paths from what is used in Debian which might mean that the Ubuntu deb won't work. Worse than that is that it might drag in all sorts of Ubuntu libs that will wll and truly screw up your antiX install.

If there is an app you need that is not in the Debian repo, put in a request and maybe we can safely build it for antiX.
nassausky
Great thanks I think I will create a new thread on a possible suggestion.