Auzern
Hello everyone, I just installed AntiX and I like it.

I would like to know how to access files the that are on the computers running on Windows (Sharing is enabled in them and I'm on a LAN).
secipolla
I don't have that but it's easy and you will soon get a response from someone that does. I believe there's an app for that in the network menu, Smbc.
Auzern
Thanks for your reply, secipolla. Yes I too read a post on this forums regarding Sbmc but I don't know how to use it.
eriefisher
This is how I do it. First you will have to edit, as root, your /etc/samba/smb.conf to reflect the"workgroup" you are in. You can also state the directories you wish to share there.( I assume you have samba and samba server installed). Next install smbnetfs. This will bring in some other apps it needs to work. Create a directory in your home ie: /home/username/workgroup so you can access the network. Last is to open a terminal and enter smbnetfs ~/workgroup. This will mount all computers in the specified workgroup under the folder"workgroup" you created.

You can add smbnetfs ~/workgroup to a startup file such as .xinitrc or icewm startup and it will mount at login automagically for you.
Auzern
Auzern
Thanks a lot eriefisher. __{{emoticon}}__

It works well now!!!

Thanks again. ( I had also referred this post by the way - access-shares-via-samba-fuse-t634.html )