carlnyc
To Whom This Might Concern,

I hope this finds you well.

Can I run Superkaramba desktop doo-dads on my antix 8.2 machine, like I do on my Mepis 8.2 machines? I see that the Superkaramba application resides in antiX's Synaptic directory, but I am unsure about the proper installation and operation procedures.

If it is possible to run Superkaramba widgets in antiX, and if you have the time, would you please be so kind as to consider offering step-by-step,"Superkaramba-for-Dummies" instructions on how to get it, and it's wonderful applications up and running?

Thank you very much for your consideration of my request, and please accept my

Best regards,
carlnyc
secipolla
Hello, carlnyc.
As far as I know, Superkaramba is a KDE tool. It comes in the kdeutils package.
You can have it in antiX if you install KDE (apt-get install kde). It's not the same as the MEPIS one since Debian testing has KDE 4.3 while stable has KDE 3.5.9.

Maybe if you don't want to install the complete KDE you may just install the packages kde-core and kdeutils. (there's a package called kdebase too and I think its an in-between kde-core and kde)

I can't answer if it's possible to use Superkaramba with another window manager, like Icewm or Fluxbox.
eriefisher
It will bring in a lot of kde stuff but it may run ok, don't know for sure. There are other options as well like gdesklets. Worth a look.
carlnyc
secipolla wrote:Hello, carlnyc.
As far as I know, Superkaramba is a KDE tool. It comes in the kdeutils package.
You can have it in antiX if you install KDE (apt-get install kde). It's not the same as the MEPIS one since Debian testing has KDE 4.3 while stable has KDE 3.5.9.

Maybe if you don't want to install the complete KDE you may just install the packages kde-core and kdeutils. (there's a package called kdebase too and I think its an in-between kde-core and kde)

I can't answer if it's possible to use Superkaramba with another window manager, like Icewm or Fluxbox.
Dear secipolla, and eriefisher,

I hope this finds you well.

Thank you both for your sage advice. I believe that I will refrain from installing Superkaramba on my antiX machine and, perhaps, pursue an investigation of other, less intensive"eye-candy" packages.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Have a happy holiday, and please accept my

Best regards,
carlnyc