zpimp
i want to play counterstrike 1.6 wich is 32bit
on antix15 32bit it works fine
on 64 bit i read i have to install ia32-libs but i couldnt do this

after i install some 32bit libs it complains about libfontconfig

i also needed libgcrypt wich i included in the archive

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://mega.nz/#!QUk3QIhY!7fkuFRJMhtIhf9og98N4YM1U2CzLPP84r1AG81oolqw"
linktext was:"https://mega.nz/#!QUk3QIhY!7fkuFRJMhtIh ... 1AG81oolqw"
====================================

does anyone have any idea on how to do this?
dolphin_oracle
dolphin_oracle
you need to enable 32 bit architecture.

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
zpimp
not working
i tried what you said

after that i tried installing i386 packages one after another depending on what it complained about

libc6:i386
libgcc1:i386
zlib1g:i386
libncurses5:i386
libfontconfig1:i386
libgl1:i386libgl1:i386
libgl1-mesa-swx11:i386
libopenal1:i386
libgtk-x11-2.0.0:i386
libgtk2.0-0:i386
libasound2:i386
libnss3:i386

all in all i think it install well over 100 packages, maybe 200 still not working
when i call dpkg --print-architecture i get amd64, shouldnt it say"and i386"?
after this it said
Error:libgpg-error.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
after wich i gave up , cause i couldnt find the library to install

at
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
i get .. missing but the following replace it : lib32z1 lib32ncurses5

at sudo apt-get install lib32z1:i386 i get has no installation candidate

question isnt libncurses5:i386 the same as lib32ncurses5 ? i can swear i installed both

so basically if im on 64 i have to install all of my os packages in 32 bit also?

dolphin, i see you run 32bit? why not 64?

ps: hope your not affiliated with the evil corporation wich is the second part of your name __{{emoticon}}__
skidoo
I'll flip the question. Why 64bit?
In your personal experience, which among your installed programs performs better/faster in 64-bit O/S?

Asking because I've been using 64bit for several months... and I'm not favorably impressed.
Boot time is no faster (not that I care, just sayin'), stuff spills over into swapdisk almost immediately (default swappiness, I have not tweaked)
and, same as I see with 32bit kernel, cpu load isn't spread across cores effectively.
Core0 gets hammered, and the other core is nearly always idle; same result when I tested on another box (6-core i7 cpu).
I had expected that at least audacity editing audio files would be faster under 64-bit. Nope, the workflow seems to be i/o bound, writing to swapdisk.
dolphin_oracle
hmm...is your deb set up for jessie? antiX 15 is based on jessie. and there are some differences between jessie and wheezy that some things likely will not install correctly (in fact, this is true for simplescreenrecorder).
dolphin, i see you run 32bit? why not 64?

ps: hope your not affiliated with the evil corporation wich is the second part of your name __{{emoticon}}__
I run 32 bit on my eeepc and old sony vaio because they don't support 64 bit. I run MX 32bit because there is no 64bit MX. I do run antiX 64bit on the HP. THat has a core I5 and 8gb of ram. I do my videos on that machine.

I did some quantitative testing back when MX was being released. same 12 minute video, same version of encoders and software, the 64bit system encoded the video about 5 minutes faster over a 12 minute video than the 32bit system. (I've got the numbers wrong here, but the story is measurable and significant difference).

even knowing that, I find the 32bit PAE MX quite nice in that I don't run into these library problems that you are encountering. The PAE kernel allows ram access beyond 4gb, so I get the RAM, and none of the libs hassle. Its worth pointing out as well that many multiarch apps (skype, steam) are actually 32 bit apps in the first place.

and no, no affliation with Oracle. __{{emoticon}}__