patrick
Running Antix 17 B3 customized install from net-install iso in VirtualBox on a Wheezy host  I assume like Debian when it's Testing status, if I use"dist-upgrade" instead of"upgrade" the installation will progress from betas to RCs to Final Release (Stable).  This is what I did with my Wheezy install while it was still Testing.  This procedure was in the install docs.

Thanks

Patrick
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You are already using Stable (Stretch) unless you changed the repos to Testing. If you have done this, then you are no longer running Stable.
Or, if you mean, can I upgrade antiX-b3 to rc and final via apt-get dist-upgrade, then yes you can.
However, the etc/antix-version file will not get updated to show this. (We prefer to know where the iso started rather than where you are at after a dist-upgrade).
You will also not get any changes made to the live side. (Actually if you make a snapshot and create a new iso, then this new iso *will* have all the latest on the 'live' side).
patrick
Sorry for the confusion about the"Testing/Stable" comparison.  I know 17 is based off the stable version of Stretch..  Your second option was what I was asking about.  Also, thanks for the clarification regarding antix-version.  I was wondering if there was any file that listed which Antix version (beta, rc, etc.) was in actual use.  Now I know there's not.

The"Live" version is of no concern to me.  I didn't use it for the install.  But it's good to know just in case.

I have other questions that need clarification or fixes, but will leave those for another day.

Thanks.

Patrick
skidoo
file that listed which Antix version
/etc/lsb-release
but, as anticapitalista mentioned, its content remains unchanged if dist-upgrade is performed on the system.
lsb-release"only tells half the story" anyhow ~~ it does not convey which (stable vs testing, plus additional) repositories have been selected.